Saturday, March 14, 2009

Ahhh...Boys




I love this picture above - taken in 1952 at Sandy Cove. I think it totally epitomizes what it must've been like for my grandma to raise 4 little ones, including 2 very ornery little boys. Carl's running off when she's just trying to get a cute picture of the 4 of them. Can't get them to all stand still and look at the camera. Haven't we all been there, moms? Anyway, Dad told me a very short, but funny little story about how they had a sun lamp growing up and that he and Carl would just stare at it until they couldn't see. Why you ask? Because they were told not to. Sounds like many of the stories I've heard from him. Doing things just because they weren't supposed to. Even more shocking is the fact that aren't both completely BLIND!

No comments:

Post a Comment