Sunday, April 12, 2009

Liver Pills Ahoy

OK – this story I had to talk my dad into sharing for the blog. He didn’t really want to, but when he mentioned "soiling himself on the way home from baseball", I knew it HAD to be included. ;-) He was 15 yrs old and his dad had told him to take some medicine. Dad took them, not asking what they were. That was a major mistake, because they were liver pills, which cause a bit of a, let’s say, "reaction in the bowels" after they’ve taken effect. While he was playing baseball, he suddenly felt the urge to go. He knew there were bathrooms there, but they were locked, so he decided to run home and take care of it. Well, the field is in southern Runnemede, quite far from his house. He was walking as quickly as he could – tucking his cheeks to hold back the tidal wave that was sure to come. He was beginning to run as he got closer to the house, by the school playground across the street, when he jumped down a short 3’ embankment. That jump proved to be his undoing. The wave was released and continued releasing even as he ran in the house and into the bathroom. He spent a while in there cleaning himself up, showering, washing out his clothes. He got dressed and headed back out to the ball field. When he got back he realized that the bathrooms were indeed UNLOCKED. All that agony and embarrassment could’ve been easily solved if he had just checked the doors before he left. Or, perhaps, he should’ve just used a rock and a fern, eh Micah?

1 comment:

  1. Hey, could you scan in that picture and send it to me. My computer won't let me copy it from the BLOG, and I know I don't have that particular picture of my brother. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete